Buddy for Ukrainian refugees
Scan me or visit www.businessinvolved.amsterdam/o/De-Regenboog-Groep1/opportunities/Buddy-for-Ukrainian-refugees/64283 to join
SummaryDe Regenboog Groep is providing shelter for Ukrainian refugees in various locations.
With a team of employees and volunteers, we are ready to welcome the refugees in this difficult and emotional time.
Be there for someone
We are looking for people who want to help as a buddy.
- Most importantly you will be a big support to the person you are linked to;
- You can help your buddy to get to know Amsterdam better and enjoy activities together;
- You provide information and advice and help with requesting documents and other administrative matters;
- You can help your buddy by teaching / practicing the Dutch or English language
- You can help someone deal with psychological challenges, financial worries or problems related to addiction or trauma. However, your role is to be their buddy, not a professional caretaker.
What do we ask?
- You speak Ukrainian or Russian, and English or Dutch
- You don't judge nor discriminate;
- You are patient and a good listener;
- You are older than 18 years;
- You live (nearby) Amsterdam
- You are available for 6 to 12 months, a few hours per week or every two weeks.
What do you get in return?
- Professional guidance;
- Max. 9 euros for each activity with your buddy;
- You really make a difference in someone else's life!
- Free access to the full training offer of De Vrijwilligersacademie.
De Regenboog Groep is affiliated with De Vrijwilligersacademie (Volunteer Academy). As a volunteer you have free access to the complete offer of trainings and courses.
You meet with your buddy for a few hours every week or every 2 weeks.
How do you apply?
Would you like to volunteer as a buddy? Please sign up and we will contact you as soon as possible.